Monday, May 12, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.........the next day!


Hello! Happy Mother's Day to all of you great mother's out there! A day late even. I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing and simply indulgent Sunday! I got breakfast in bed....coffee, 2 donuts, card and the most beautiful handmade vase with a marigold in it.....all on a tray brought to me by my exceptional husband. I was still snugly under the covers with my baby girl by my side, who was watching Sesame Street. I heard her say, very exclamatory by the way, "Happee Mofer's Dayee Mama!!!!!!", as my husband came in the room carrying the tray. How sweet! I mean really! I KNOW! She also sang to me all day and on the phone to her Nana and Auntie "Happy Mother's Day To You" to the tune of Happy Birthday. WoW!

Well, it IS only my third Mother's Day......AND it is my first in our new home....what a great day! OH! Most important, Girlfriend got to put a sticker on the calendar for sleeping ALL NIGHT in her big-girl-bed. Whoo Hooo! 1 night down and only a million more to get through. We are doing the stickers on the calendar thing.....you know, 4 in a row and we go shopping. Then back to square one......another 4 in a row and we go shopping again. She needs clothes and shoes and she is ALL into shoes and dresses right now, so we get to fill the closet AND we get her OUT OF OUR BED! Pray that it goes as well as it has been!

Let me share some photos with you all of my Mother's Day cards and BEAUTIFUL vase and flower that my baby girl made me at preschool. Her caregivers said that when it was time for her to go outside for recess, she stayed in and worked VERY hard on making the vase perfect. What a love-bug! Sorry for the flash in one picture, I could not get a good picture of the vase otherwise!




And, of course let us not forget Little Mama, who is so patiently sitting on her eggs out in her nest. In the picture the sky is a beautiful blue, but yesterday, it was cold, SUPER windy and rainy. So, hats of to her, as she sat through the whole miserable day on her nest, almost getting blown out with her back to the rain.......what an excellent mommy she will be!

Oh, and one more picture. Madelyn discovered something new to her little 3 year old world yesterday. Rainbows on the wall from the glass in the front door. She sat there screaming for us to come see. She was so in awe that she sat in the entry way and stared at the wall for a long time. Then was very disappointed after lunch when she went back and it was no longer there. She exclaimed, matter of factly, that "Aawwww, the sun go down". And promptly walked away.


Well, I sincerely hope you all had a great Mother's Day weekend. Ours was wonderful. Thanks for stopping in! Have a great week.....go forth and create. Get those tired winter brains out of storage and get to work on something brand new......the world has begun it's spring.......new and fresh things are happening.......go join in! Take care!

Warmly,
Leslie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...