Thursday, March 19, 2009

Easy and YUMMY Dinner Recipe


Hello all!
I read a recipe in my Parents magazine many many months ago, and for some reason, the ingredients stuck with me. It is originally a skillet or frying pan dinner, but I changed it up a little and made it into a crock-pot dinner. It also originally called for pork chops, which are not my favorite. I prefer pork tenderloin. So, I thought I would share it with you all. By the way, the above picture is NOT what it turns out like, as OUR tenderloin ends up MUCH more tender and shredded.....Yummmmm!!!!!!! (It was just the closest pic I could find on the web....sorry).


Ingredients:
Large Pork Tenderloin, plain
2 Cans WHOLE Cranberries
1 White or Yellow Onion (I prefer the sweet onions)
1/2 Cup Orange Juice
Salt and Pepper to taste
Crock Pot
And that is it!
I placed both cans of cranberries and the OJ in the bottom of my crock pot liner and mixed well. I cut my onion into 4 chunks or quarters and I placed them around the side of my pot liner. Last add your pork tenderloin on top of of all. Cover and turn on High. I started mine at 11am, and I turned it to Low around 4pm.....but you choose! It is done when the tenderloin easily shreds.
I served ours with brown rice, Sister Sheubert Wheat Rolls and steamed broccoli! Easy, EASY dinner and DELICIOUS!!!!! If you end up trying it or you have already in the past.....let me know what you think!!!



post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ooooh, that looks fabulous! Okay, I seriously need a crock pot.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...